SEBI/HO/MIRSD/RTAMB/CIR/P/2020/166 September 07, 2020
All Registered Registrar & Share Transfer Agents (RTA)
All Recognised Stock Exchanges
All Listed Companies (through Stock Exchanges)
Dear Sir / Madam,
Sub: Re-lodgement of Transfer Requests of Shares
1. In terms of Regulation 40 (1) of SEBI (Listing Obligations and Disclosure
Requirements) Regulations, 2015, transfer of securities held in physical mode
has been discontinued w.e.f. April 01, 2019. Subsequently, vide Press
Release No. 12/2019 dated March 27, 2019, it was clarified that transfer
deeds lodged prior to deadline of April 01, 2019 and rejected / returned due to
deficiency in the documents may be re-lodged with requisite documents.
2. It has been decided to fix March 31, 2021 as the cut-off date for re-lodgement
of transfer deeds. Further, the shares that are re-lodged for transfer
(including those request that are pending with the listed company / RTA, as
on date) shall henceforth be issued only in demat mode.
3. This circular is being issued in exercise of powers conferred under Section 11
(1) of the Securities and Exchange Board of India Act, 1992, to protect the
interests of investors in securities and to promote the development of, and to
regulate the securities market.
4. A press release is also being issued in this regard to disseminate this
information to investors.
Manjesh Roy S.
Tel. no: 022-26449710
Email id: email@example.com